The latest irrigation system pumps are available in a broad range of designs to meet lawn care and agricultural irrigation needs. However, it can be challenging to identify the right water pump for your irrigation application. Professional irrigation system design will give you the best results, especially if you are just getting started with a new system. The experts can tailor the irrigation system so you can get precisely what you need to optimize your irrigation efforts.
The most common irrigation system pumps include:
- Centrifugal—a centrifugal pump moves fluid through the transfer of rotational energy to an impeller. Centrifugal pumps are typically classified as either self-priming or straight centrifugal pumps. Both types are common in irrigation applications with the self-priming being slightly more popular in lawn sprinkler applications.
- Submersible—a submersible pump as its name implies is used in submerged applications such as pumping out of a well. Both the pump (wet end) and the motor are both submerged in the liquid being pumped. Submersible pumps are used in lawn sprinkler applications and large submersible pumps are often seen in agricultural irrigation applications.
- Jet— The jet pump used along with a jet is used for deep or shallow wells. The jet pump can also be used to pump from lakes or ponds as a centrifugal pump.
Easiest Way to Choose the Best Water Pump for an Irrigation System
Online research may provide you with all the details about different pump types suitable for irrigation applications based on water requirements and elevation changes. But it can be overwhelming to wade through the information and arrive at your optimal choice.
At W.P. Law, Inc., we are happy to offer irrigation system pump suggestions to meet your unique needs and budget. We’ll assess your irrigation system or help you design and install an irrigation system that gives you the best results. Turn to the team at W.P. Law, Inc. to get expert advice about irrigation system pumps.
If you are trying to stop weeds from growing to achieve a lush, green lawn, the best lawn care tips can help you achieve your goals. No homeowner wants their yard to be the eyesore of the neighborhood. With these expert tips, you can stop the constant lawn care headaches and enjoy a gorgeous lawn that brings you pride.
Tip #1: Mow Correctly at the Right Time
Lawn care professionals know that mowing correctly at the right time is one of the most crucial tasks to promote a thriving lawn. For best results, mow often enough, so you only remove 1/3 of the length of the grass blades. Always ensure the grass is dry before cutting and vary your mowing direction and patterns to prevent lawn ruts.
Tip #2: Use Proper Watering Techniques
A speedy watering every day may seem like a good idea, but it isn’t the best practice for your lawn. Experts recommend a deep, long watering on a less frequent basis. Doing this strengthens the grass and gives it sustenance to survive droughts or times with less rainfall. Use a sprinkler to water until the soil is sticky—not overly saturated. Keep in mind that your lawn will typically require less watering during the spring and late-fall than during the summer months.
Tip #3: Use Pre-Emergent Herbicide
During the spring, and again in the fall, apply a high-quality pre-emergent herbicide. Doing this will prevent spring and winter weeds from infiltrating your lawn. Herbicides are most effective when you apply them during weed and crabgrass germination when the soil is around 58 degrees. Use a soil thermometer to know when the time is right to perform the application.
Need more lawn care tips to stop weeds from growing and promote your most attractive lawn? Contact W.P. Law, Inc. for customized recommendations and fertilizer programs to meet the needs of your property.
Landscape lighting is an effective way to increase safety and security on your property. The best outdoor lighting will achieve two main objectives: enhanced safety and security. Accent and hardscape lighting fixtures can light up steps and entry ways as well as areas of transition on walking surfaces. With optimal landscape lighting for the home, you can have peace of mind while adding beauty to your property’s exterior.
Top 3 Home Security Lighting Options
You have several different options when it comes to security lighting for a home. The right choice for your property will depend on several factors, including existing lighting in the neighborhood, home design, and security needs.
Here are some of the best options for illuminating your home for safety purposes:
- Photocells: By using a photocell in conjunction with your lighting transformer, your landscape lighting can come on at dusk and turn off at dawn.
- Motion-Activated Lights: Lighting comes on when something or someone triggers a built-in motion sensor.
- Combination Lights: Lower intensity lighting shines continually during the night, and a motion sensor provides brighter light when someone or something is near your property.
Find the Best Home Security Lighting to Meet Your Needs
At W.P. Law, Inc. you will find outdoor lighting experts who can help you identify your needs and budget to achieve your home’s security lighting goals. We take the time to assess your property and offer professional suggestions to boost home security and property aesthetics. Connect with the friendly team at W.P. Law, Inc. to achieve optimized home security lighting.
Following a fertilizer program is a great start to figuring out the best time to fertilize your lawn. With a program, you will have access to a detailed plan customized to your lawn type and goals–no more troubleshooting or second-guessing the best steps to care for your lawn. Even a homeowner inexperienced in lawn care can achieve a gorgeous, healthy lawn with one of our fertilizer programs.
What to Expect from our Fertilizer Program
Your individualized program will provide a guide to help you care for your lawn based on the specific grass you have. It will cover an easy-to-follow schedule featuring application rates that take the guesswork out of proper fertilization and weed control.
A sound fertilization program will include detailed information on the following:
- Soils: A primer on how soil factors impact your lawn’s management, including ideal pH levels, soil applications, and soil testing options.
- Watering: Details about watering requirements for your grass type and suggestions for using irrigation controllers and other solutions to maximize your watering tasks while practicing conservation.
- Mowing: Guidelines for proper mowing height and schedule.
- Pre-emergent herbicides: Best practices for using pre-emergent herbicides to prevent annual weeds from germinating in the lawn.
- Aeration: Recommendations for aerating the lawn to loosen soil and prune the roots.
- Management: Information about best practices for mowing, scouting, and fungicide applications to prevent insect and disease problems from taking hold in your lawn.
- Troubleshooting tips: Proven troubleshooting methods for your specific grass type.
- Month-by-month steps for insect control and weed prevention: Details regarding what steps to take each month to keep your lawn insect and weed-free and healthy.
Join W.P. Law’s Fertilizer Program to Achieve a Beautiful Lawn
Keeping your lawn looking its best doesn’t have to be a headache or a struggle. At W.P. Law, Inc., we are dedicated to helping you establish the right maintenance program to achieve the lawn of your dreams. Contact W.P. Law, Inc. today to get started with a fertilizer program best catered to your lawn.