Water conservation when irrigating the fields doesn’t have to be difficult.
Working in the agriculture industry, you know that conservation is important–not only from a monetary perspective, but also because you want to take care of the world around you. In some cases, you may need to completely change up your irrigation system, if that is the case, call W.P. Law for some suggestions on how to proceed. However, it may be possible to make improvements on your own—here are a few tips to get started.
- Run your system during the morning hours – Less water is lost due to evaporation if the temperature is cooler like it is in the morning.
- Fix leaks – Check your sprinklers and other aspects of the irrigation system for small leaks. These may be small but they can add up and cost you water over time.
- Consider drip irrigation – Many studies show that drip irrigation is more effective and less costly than sprinkler irrigation.
- Winterize your system – Winterizing your system before the frost hits can save you money and prevent your system from freezing and becoming damaged due to cold weather.
- Replace sprinkler heads – Even if you aren’t experiencing leaks or other issues, newer sprinkler heads are more efficient today than they were even a few years ago. Investing in new heads (which are often very affordable), can save a lot of water over time.
Do not feel like you have to work through your irrigation issues alone–W.P. Law is here for you. We carry many top brands of irrigation products and offer irrigation design services that can help you save water, and in turn money, as you water your fields. Give us a call to set up a consultation, so we can show you what a big difference we can make with your irrigation system.